Terms and conditions of use of the site and acceptance of bookings for accommodation
LE CONSULAT – Place Luís de Camões, Lisbon
These terms and conditions may be revised, amended, added to or corrected at any time. New content will come into force immediately, with no advance notice, and will apply to all our services.
The following expressions and descriptions, as used in these terms and conditions, will mean the following:
- HPD rate: Bed and continental breakfast included (with buffet service in the dining room in question), regardless of the type of rate applicable;
- CS rate: Room Only (rate does not include breakfast), regardless of the type of rate applicable;
- Check-in: guest check-in and related administrative procedures, i.e. guest registration upon arrival at the establishment, which happens on the date the guest arrives for the first night booked. Check-in is not possible before 2pm;
- Check-out: totalling of the bill for the stay and other billable items, for the guest to settle payment and return any items belonging to the establishment, and which they were permitted to use during their stay, in particular, but not restricted to, all keys connected with the accommodation used, when the guest checks out on their day of departure, after the last night of accommodation booked. Check-out must be by 12 o'clock at the latest;
1 - Booking conditions
To place a booking via the website of the establishment LE CONSULAT, the user must provide the following information at least:
- Personal details (full name, identity number, address, telephone number and e-mail address);
- Payment details and form;
- Check-in and check-out dates;
- Type of accommodation unit;
- Chosen rate (HPD or CS).
Once these details are confirmed, a booking code is generated. This must be stated in all communications with LE CONSULAT and shown on the day of check-in.
2 - Rates
The prices set on our website are per accommodation unit for the whole stay, and include VAT, unless explicitly stated otherwise. The user can choose between the HPD and CS rates. The HPD rate includes continental/buffet breakfast served in the dining room. The CS rate does not include breakfast.
The breakfast supplement comes to 15.00 euros (fifteen euros) per person, VAT not included, and this will also be served in the dining room.
The two rates do not include the municipal tourist tax, which is 1.00 euro (one euro) per adult per night.
3 - Types of rate (booking cancellation conditions and no-show policy)
Refundable rate (best available rate/BAR)
- Cancellation of booking up to 48 hours before the expected check-in date (before 2.00pm): no penalty.
- Cancellation of booking less than 48 hours before the expected check-in date: the cost of the first night booked will be charged.
- No-show: the cost of the first night booked will be charged. A case of no-show is taken to mean any situation where a client places a booking but does not check in by 11.00pm on the first night booked.
- Early departure: the cost of the remaining nights booked will be charged.
- Cost of a booking paid in full before the check-in date.
- Non-refundable in the event of cancellation, however many days in advance it is cancelled, or in the case of a no-show.
4 - Payment conditions/booking guarantee
The booking is only considered to have been made after confirmation of the payment, settled by one of the following means:
Payment by credit card
- By providing a credit card number, its expiry date and 3-figure security code, authorising LE CONSULAT to order the pertinent provision or debit of the bank account associated with the credit card in question, depending on the form of rate chosen, either the refundable BAR rate or the non-refundable rate.
- In the case of the refundable BAR rate, the 1st night must be booked at the latest 48 hours before the arrival date. From that time on, the cost of the 1st night will be charged.
- In the case of the non-refundable rate, the full cost of the stay will be charged on the date the booking is placed.
Payment by bank transfer
No request for a booking will be considered firm until and guaranteed by LE CONSULAT until it has received the corresponding amount in the bank account specified for this purpose (a simple proof of ordering the transfer does not constitute a guaranteed booking).
Payment in cash, using a debit card or a credit card over the counter at the establishment LE CONSULAT
The client may choose to settle payment for the stay booked (in the case of the BAR refundable rate), providing they pay the deposit on the terms stated in the relevant point.
Failure to settle payment, whether by bank transfer or because the credit card cannot be debited, means that the booking will be considered null and void, and entitles the establishment LE CONSULAT to make the accommodation unit(s) requested available.
5 - Check-in/Check-out:
The check-in date is the day of arrival (the date of the first night booked) and guests can check in from 2.00pm.
Check-out and vacation of the accommodation unit(s) must be by 12.00 midday on the day of departure, according to the last night booked.
If the client wishes to check in earlier or to check out later than the times specified in the previous point (late check-out), they must request this from the administrative services of the establishment LE CONSULAT, which are not obliged to agree to it, whatever the reason. If late check-out is requested by the client and accepted by LE CONSULAT, a supplement of  euros will be billed.
Late check-out allows the client to check out until  hours on the day of their departure, according to the date of the last night booked.
If on their departure date the client fails to vacate the room(s) by 12.00 midday at the latest, and they have not requested and been granted a late check-out, LE CONSULAT reserves the right to remove their belongings from the accommodation unit(s) once this hour has passed, to store them in the luggage room and to return them to the client when they check out and settle the balance of their bill.
6 - Animals
Animals are strictly forbidden on the premises of the establishment LE CONSULAT.
7 - Liability of the establishment LE CONSULAT and use of the website
Use of the website by the user is entirely on their own responsibility; LE CONSULAT cannot be held liable for any errors or interruptions that might occur while using the website. Liability of the establishment LE CONSULAT is limited to any losses or damages suffered entirely as a result of culpable actions on its behalf.
8 - Data protection
Users of this website are informed that their personal data will be saved and processed by LE CONSULAT for the necessary purposes only and under no circumstances will they be used for publicity purposes, except by explicit agreement otherwise with the user. The user's personal data will be deleted once their stay is over and the legal period for keeping them has elapsed.
9 - Intellectual property
Intellectual property rights in respect of the content of this website, including the trademarks, designs, logos, texts, images, video or sound recordings, are the sole property of the establishment LE CONSULAT, unless explicitly stated otherwise. Consequently, the user is not authorised to reproduce, exhibit, distribute, change or transmit them in any form whatsoever, regardless of their intention. Should the user wish to make use of any of these property rights, they must make a written request to the establishment LE CONSULAT.
10 - Policy on cookies
11 - Applicable legislation and competent jurisdiction
All matters not specifically provided for and regulated in these terms and conditions are to be governed by Portuguese law.
Should any clause be ruled invalid, whether by binding arbitration or court decision, this must as far as possible be reduced to a legal minimum, in order to preserve, within the limits of the law, the intentions of the establishment LE CONSULAT.
The total or partial invalidity of any clause in this contract will not affect the other contractual provisions and will not invalidate them.
The user and LE CONSULAT agree that any litigation arising from these terms and conditions will be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the district court of Lisbon.